- National specialist in Monuments (National Council of Cultural Patrimony, Ministry of Culture of Cuba, 2005-2007). Professor of NT Greek; Professor of Biblical Archaeology (Higher Institute of Biblical and Theological Studies, 2007-2011). Instructor, Tutor & Lecturer of the Post graduated Course of NT Greek: "The Greek Gospel according to Mark: historical - critical analysis" (Higher Institute of Biblical and Theological Studies, 2008-2009). Professor and translator of Byzantine Liturgical Greek and Modern Greek (Sacred Greek Orthodox Cathedral of San Nicolas of Mira, 2009-2010). Professor of Ancient History and History of Cuba (Higher Ecumenical Institute of Sciences of Religions & Evangelical Seminar of Theology, 2010 Present time).
- Co-founder of the Group of Studies of Ancient Languages in Saint Benedict's Church in Havana (2009). Creator and leader of the Team for the Translation of Emanuel Swedenborg works in Cuba, sponsored by the Heavenly Doctrines Publishing Foundation (USA) & the General Church of the New Jerusalem in Canada (2012). Founder of the Group of Studies of Emanuel Swedenborg in the Higher Ecumenical Institute of Sciences of Religions (2013).
- Co-organizer, reporter and simultaneous interpreter English - Spanish in the I International Colloquy on Emanuel Swedenborg Havana 2013 (Higher Ecumenical Institute of Sciences of Religions, ISECRE / Evangelical Seminar of Theology, SET / University of Havana, Faculty of San Geronimo). Organizer, reporter and lecturer in the II International Colloquy on Emanuel Swedenborg Havana 2014.
- Professional translator of Emanuel Swedenborg works (Latin Spanish; 2012- Present time).
Books and works translated:
- "God can only love. Fragments of Saint Isaac the Assyrian, Father of the Oriental Church" (Modern Greek Spanish, 2009)]. "Divine Providence", by Emanuel Swedenborg (Latin Spanish): Version in Standard Spanish (2013) & Version in Scholar Spanish (2014). "Invitation to the New Church", by Emanuel Swedenborg (Latin Spanish) (2013). "Conversations with Angels", by Emanuel Swedenborg (Latin Spanish) (2013).
- Translation of Swedenborgian theological works (English Spanish): compiler & translator of selection: "200 Meditations from Swedenborg's works"; papers by the Pastor of the General Church in Sweden, Reverend G ran Appelgren ("The Science of Correspondences - the Key to Enlightenment."; "The Genesis of the New Church - The Emergence of Different Denominations within the New Church."; "The Last Judgment"). Co-translation and edition of book "True
Christian Religion Abridged". Baptismal Liturgy of the General Church of the New Jerusalem (2013). Proofreading of Swedenborgian Theological works (2013-2014).
Books and works edited:
- Transcription and/or edition of Emanuel Swedenborg's "Earths in the Universe" (2015). Swedenborgian literature: edition of "The gist of Swedenborg" (2012); transcription and edition of "Beliefs of the New Church" (2012).
OTHER AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Reporter & theological writer on Swedenborgian themes. Fiction writer.
Address: Calle E 515 entre 23 y 21, altos y garaje (timbre negro), Vedado, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba, CP 10400
ｷ Telephone number: 78323834
ｷ Email: email@example.com
DOUGLAS CALVO GAINZA
Updated until April 2015.
Born in Havana, Cuba, on February 24, 1970
- Licentiate of Biological Sciences (1994), graduated of Entomological Physiology (1995), Scientific Investigator & Lecturer in Yearly Scientific Congresses in Biology & Agriculture (1994-1996).
- Graduated from courses & programs & lecture-series such as: Ancient History, Medieval History, History of Philosophy, History of Art (1998-1999); Logistics of Humanitarian Help, Cooperation for Development and Administration of Projects; International Relations; Basic Informatics (2000); Historical Archaeology (2001); Overview of the Egyptian Culture (2002);
Library Science (2002-2004); Ancient Cultures of the Middle and Near East (2006); etc.
- Licentiate of Biblical and Theological Studies (2002). Master's degree in Classic Philology and Tradition; Mention from Studies of the Antiquity and Classic Tradition (2004). Master's degree in Religious Sciences (2014).
* English, Modern Greek, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Esperanto, Interlingua, Ancient Greek, Latin, Ancient Hebrew & Aramaic.